Leader of the Beltran Leyva cartel Sergio Villarreal Barragán requests clemency for his family

 Visit our website: http://www.nafbpo.org
Foreign News Report

The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) extracts and condenses the material that follows from Mexican and Central and South American on-line media sources on a daily basis. You are free to disseminate this information, but we request that you credit NAFBPO as being the provider.

To subscribe, click here

“El Grande” said, “Leave my family alone!”

El Imparcial (Hermosillo, Sonora) 9-14-10

Puebla, Puebla – “I am not going to resist. I will cooperate. Just leave my family in peace,” asked Sergio Villarreal Barragán of the Mexican Marine Infantry on Sunday as they entered his house.

The presumed narcotraficker, who had been alerted to the arrival of troops, waited in the kitchen of his house with his main lieutenants, Jesus Enrique Jurado Torres and Ramiro Cisneros Aguirre.

In a bedroom hid Villarreal’s wife and two children, 7 and 9 years old and their nanny. They are the reason Villarreal Barragan gave up without firing a shot, according to marine spokesmen.

“He knew that taking up arms put his family at great risk of death and for that reason he and his lieutenants decided not to put up resistance,” said one spokesman.

“El Grande” and his accomplices were presented to the press yesterday at the office of the Marine Commanding Officer, where the Commander said that after the deaths of Arturo Beltran Leyva and Ignacio “Nacho” Coronel, the criminals realized that they, too, could die confronting federal forces.

“I think it was a wise decision on their part not to resist,” said a government official.

The arrest of Villarreal Barragan was the result of intelligence efforts that lasted for 10 months relying on different sources that did not include Edgar “La Barbie” Valdez Villarreal, according to the official.



Henchmen throw grenades at soldiers in Nuevo León

Monterrey – A group, armed with pistols, threw two grenades at military vehicles in order to escape capture in a pursuit through the streets of Monterrey, according to police spokesmen.

The police report states that a military patrol observed a Ford Lobo with four armed men inside and tried to stop them in the southern part of the city.

The armed men fled to escape capture and during the pursuit launched two grenades at the military vehicles that exploded but failed to stop the vehicles.

The vehicle being pursued had a tire shot out by the soldiers so it was abandoned by the criminals and they stole a Ford Ecosport from a nearby family which they wrecked and then escaped on foot.




-end of report-

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: